How We Use Your Information
When you register to be listed with GAIN Power, either for yourself or on behalf of your company or organization, you are asked to provide contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, mobile telephone number and/or e-mail address, and, if you are listing yourself as an individual, about your background, experience and skills and areas of interest in future employment; and if you are listing an organization or company, about the nature of the business, programs or activities of the organization or company, and about the types of individuals it is looking to hire. GAIN Power may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to or combine it with the information we collect through this Site.
GAIN Power uses this information to provide the Services to you and other Users, on to operate this Site, send you news and information about GAIN Power activities, solicit your participation in and support of GAIN Power activities, events, and programs. By providing your information to GAIN Power, you are giving GAIN Power express permission to:
- Use that information to enable Users to conduct searches of listings.
- Use that information to enable Users to communicate with you through the Site.
- Use that information, including your email address, for GAIN Power itself to communicate with you about GAIN Power activities, news, and programs.
- IF you expressly provide permission, to disclose specified items of your contact information to other Users
- Use that information to provide other and different services through the Site or accessible through the Site, in the future.
- To companies that assist us in maintaining this Site or with GAIN Power activities, but only for purposes of providing services to GAIN Power and with the strict requirement that any such company will never itself have the right to contact you for any reason;
- To comply with applicable law or legal requirements (for example, a lawful subpoena), to protect our rights or property, or to protect our supporters from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful conduct, or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records;
GAIN Power does not collect or maintain the names of, or any information about, any individual who is not a resident of the United States. If you are not currently a resident of the United States, present in the United States, please do not provide your name or any identifying information through the Site.
GAIN Power complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. GAIN Power does not solicit and does not accept personally identifying information from any person under 13 years of age.
Visitors to this Site who are under 13 years of age should not use this Site except under the supervision and with the assistance of their parent or legal guardian, and should never submit any personally-identifying information to the Site. For example, visitors under 13 years of age should not register for or use the Services or use services or take any actions on or through this Site.
Cookies and Data Tracking
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Some parts of this Site may be password-protected. We may use a cookie (cookies reside on your computer and are under the control of your browser) to help us remember and process items that you purchase through this Site; and/or to compile aggregate data about visitors to the Site and their interaction with the Site for the purposes of improving the operation of the Site and/or offering better Site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use third-party services such as Google Analytics. This helps us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with our Site. We may also use embedded images in emails to track open rates for our mailings, so that we can tell which mailings appeal most to GAIN Power supporters.
We may place online advertising with third-party vendors, including Google, which will be shown on other Sites on the internet. In some cases, those third-party vendors may decide which ads to show you based on your prior visits to the Site. At no time will you be personally identified to those third-party vendors, nor will any of the information you share with us be shared with those third-party vendors.
Links to Other Sites
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS—ADDITIONAL PRIVACY NOTICE
This additional Privacy applies solely to individual residents of the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). GAIN POWER is adopting this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) as amended. Terms used in this special Notice that are defined in the CCPA will have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
1. Information We Collect
- 1.1. GAIN Power LLC, operator of this Site, has collected the following personal information from consumers in the last 12 months: real name and email address, Internet protocol (“IP”) address; mailing address; work history; categories of work in which the consumer is interested; search history on the Site
- 1.2 Note that personal information does not include
- Publicly available information from government records
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information
2. Use of Personal Information
GAIN Power may use or disclose the personal information we collect about you for one or more of the following purposes:
- To enable you to communicate with other Users;
- To enable other Users to search for and communicate with you about interest in employment and/or employment opportunities;
- To enable GAIN Power itself to communicate with you;
- For testing, research, analysis and development of new offerings and programs
- To personalize your Site experience and deliver content relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and advertisements through the Site and via email
3. Sharing of Personal Information
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party for a business purpose without your express consent to be contacted by that organization. Specifically, if you give GAIN Power specific permission to do so, specified pieces of your contact information will be listed on the Site and/or disclosed to other Users. If you do not provide such permission, you will be able to communicate with other Users and they will be able to communicate with you, using the Services, but your personal information will not be disclosed to any other User or any third party.
4. Your Rights Under the CCPA
- 4.1. Information About, Access to and a Copy of Personal Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months and to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected. If we receive and verify your request (see below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of third parties, if any, with which we have shared your personal information;
- The categories of personal information, if any, that we shared with a third party for a business purpose;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- 4.2. Deletion request: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. Among other exceptions, we are not required to delete your personal information if it is necessary for us to maintain it in order to provide you with information or opportunities reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing relationship to you, to detect security incidents, protect against malicious deceptive fraudulent, or illegal activity; to enable internal uses reasonably aligned with your expectations; or otherwise use your personal information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- 4.3. Do Not Sell Rights. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information by us. However, we do not sell any personal information.
- 4.4. Exercising Your Rights: To exercise the rights set out in sections 4.1 and 4.2 above, please submit a request with your full name, zip code, email address and identification of a posting made or action taken on the Site in the last 12 months, by:
- Calling us at 202-863-4246
- Filling out an online form at https://www.gainpower.org/cppa
- 4.5 Response Time: We will attempt to respond to your request within 45 days of receiving it. If we require more time (up to 90 days)we will let you know that and the reason why.
4.6 Non-Discrimination. You have the right to exercise your rights under the CCPA without discrimination. We will not deny access to any opportunities, service or programs in response to any consumer exercising rights under the CCPA.
5. Date updated:
This notice was last updated on June 19, 2020.
If you have any questions about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information or your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at:
Website: or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Contact Us