Juan A. Rodriguez | Latinx Advertising & Media | Fort Collins, CO 80525 | 312-771-0263 | [email protected]
Bilingual Media, Advertising and Campaigns Executive with over 30 years of experience creating, researching and delivering professional effective communication strategies across all types of mediums. Expertise includes Latin America and Hispanic constituent and consumer focused commercials, Spanish language copywriting, and media planning & project management.
CAMPAIGN AND ORGANIZING
PROGRAM MANAGER: Everybody Votes, Michigan |Washington, DC Feb 2020 – Present
● Managed on the ground Voter Registration organization partners
● Led organizations program shift from an in-person voter registration to online/remote voter registration
● Managed budget reconciliation for each partner group and set goals for 2020 cycle
NATIONAL PRESS SECRETARY | Marianne 2020 April 2019 – Dec 2019
● Managed local and state media campaigns targeting the Democratic “First Four States”
● Responsible for all Spanish language media coverage, press releases, media advisories and briefings.
NEVADA STATE OUTREACH DIRECTOR BERNIE 2016 Las Vegas & Denver Nov 2015 – March 2016
● Responsible for managing outreach to labor, ethnic and relevant constituent groups
● Secured endorsement, organized outreach events, and managed 15 statewide outreach coordinators
● Managed commercial production team for Bernie 2016 Nevada commercials.
● Managed a 75 person outreach team for at-large precincts on the Las Vegas Strip
CAMPAIGN MANAGER | Levi For Colorado | Aurora, CO Dec 2017 – May 2018
● Managed the Congressional Campaign for Candidate Levi Tilleman in Colorado’s 6th District Primary
● Managed office operation such as hired staff, managed constituent groups, and oversaw budgets
● Oversaw communications and wrote statements and speeches
● Managed a staff of 4 campaign professionals
QUALITY CONTROL DIRECTOR: One Arizona-Mi Familia Vota Sept 2016 – Oct 2016
● Responsible for collecting and organizing Voter Registration (VR) cards and election data
● Managed RegTrak, an online VR and data management program designed to store and verify data
● Managed a team of 6 QC Staff and processed nearly 7,000 VR cards in six weeks
FIELD DIRECTOR We Are Wisconsin |Milwaukee & Madison, WI Sept 2012 – April 2013
● Organized volunteer calls, community meetings, and managed computer voter lists for canvassers
● Led community outreach efforts to help generate voter turnout on Election Day
● Served as the liaison to Wisconsin Hispanic Serving Organizations and provided leadership and
coordination of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
ADVERTISING AND MEDIA
DIRECTOR OF GOVERNMENTAL AND COMMUNITY AFFAIRS
Sanchez & Associates, Inc. Jan 1997 – April, 2003
● Managed retail, government and nonprofit accounts for Hispanic Ad and Public Relations Agency
● Managed Hispanic Public Relations Accounts for Jewel Food Stores & Osco Drug Stores (American
Stores and Albertsons), Kellogg Cereal Company
● Created and organized publicity, press events and advertising for clients
● Clients included former Chicago Mayor Richard J. Daley (2003 General Election) and Illinois Attorney
General Lisa Madigan (2002)
FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT
Rodriguez Hispanic Concepts LLC Jan 2013 – Present
● Founded Hispanic Advertising Agency to produce effective and targeted Spanish language advertising to Wisconsin, Colorado and Illinois advertisers
● Manage all aspects of commercials, from research of the U.S. Hispanic demographics, to ad buying to the rollout of the launch of the commercial and media assets
● Provide clients with Hispanic marketing and voting trends and manage copywriting & communications
● Clients included Democratic Party of Wisconsin (2016), Burke for Wisconsin (2014 Governor’s Race), Wisconsin State Assembly Representative JoCasta Zamarripa, Martin, Arteaga for Alderman (Chicago), Reproductive Justice Collective, Inc., (Milwaukee) and Wisconsin Jobs Partnership, Inc.
CONGRESSIONAL & HILL EXPERIENCE
U.S. House of Representatives, Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (IL) / Legislative Aide 1993 – 1995
Worked on labor, veterans and taxation issues. Wrote floor statements and was the designated IT Director.
U.S. Senate, U.S. Senator Alan J. Dixon (IL) / Legislative Aide August 1989 – May 1992 Researched labor, taxation, armed services, small business, veterans affairs and the environment Served as the Senator’s Hispanic liaison to the Illinois Hispanic Community.
Western Illinois University / Bachelor of Arts
Double Major. Political Science and Law Enforcement Administration
BA Political ScienceWestern Illinois UniversityAugust 1983 - August 1987
Based in Colorado but work nationwide. Forte is Spanish Language media communication and multi-platform production.