Patriotic Millionaires – Washington, DC, USA
Deputy Communications Director
March 2019 – present
- Management role at a progressive advocacy nonprofit, promoted in January 2020 from my original role as an entry-level communications associate based on my performance.
- Lead our team in writing, pitching, and placing op-eds and profiles, as well as organizing interviews in coordination with our members and fielding press and public inquiries.
- Writing featured in a monthly Guardian column, The Hill, Newsweek, the Chicago Sun- Times, and I have coordinated press for CNN, BBC, Fox, Bloomberg, and MSNBC.
- In charge of data and reports on our communications strategies across mediums, twice- weekly newsletter, press hits and clipping, and managing interns.
- Work on targeted email campaigns, fundraising pitches, social media, event coordination, political and policy research, and administrative tasks as needed to support staff.
The London School of Economics & Political Science
2017 – 2018
Master’s in Global Politics with Merit
University of Virginia
2013 – 2017
Bachelor’s Degree Global Studies in Security & Justice with Distinction
- IT: Microsoft Office, Google Suite, social media, digital advertising, Mailchimp, EveryAction/NGP, Cision, Critical Mention, basics of Salesforce
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state legislative processes, policy research, priorities, and identifying the best legislators to target on our lobbying and advocacy campaigns.
- Research methods: media and legal content analysis, discourse analysis, interviews