Most recent resume item (see resume file for everything else):
Policy Director, Merav Ben-David for U.S. Senate; Laramie, WY
July 2020 — November 2020
Ran policy and communications for a climate scientist’s campaign for U.S. Senate in the reddest state in the country.
Policy and Messaging
- Served as Dr. Ben-David’s primary speechwriter and debate coach.
Researched and drafted platform positions for the candidate and 100+ talking points for volunteers.
- Wrote op-eds for and responded to newspaper questionnaires on the candidate’s behalf.
- Analyzed and summarized 400+ pages of background on opponent’s legislative record.
- Oversaw 300+ volunteers responding to 5,000+ voter questions.
- Led persuasion and letter-to-the-editor workshops for supporters and volunteers.
- Scripted seven ads, one of which Bill McKibben called “one of the best ads of this or any election cycle.”
- Wrote and edited fundraising emails that raised over $150,000.
- Drafted, edited, and distributed press releases.
- Developed relationships with local reporters and activists.
- Managed social media; tripled Twitter following.
- Arranged interviews with The Associated Press, March for Science, several Jewish outlets, and more.
Politics; PhilosophyBrandeis UniversityAugust 2015 - May 2019
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
Departmental honors in Politics
Minor in Philosophy