GAIN Power on Roe v. Wade SCOTUS Decisions
The #SCOTUS’s decision to overturn #RoevWade and take away the right to safe and legal #Abortion for millions of women has been shocking and gutwrenching to digest. We are holding our community of activists in our hearts. Grief is the word that best explains our collective feelings and we’re grieving with you.
Sending extra love to all the womxn – trans womxn, nonbinary womxn, cis womxn, and the men who actually get that while this isn’t about them they have a role and responsibility to fight to make this better. We want to give a special shout-out to the health care workers and abortion providers who help take care of women who need safe and legal abortions – where ever you are – we appreciate you.
To our special community of creative changemakers and organizers – especially those who fight every day for reproductive justice and freedom – we love you and we need you more than ever. Take time to feel and do whatever you can to care for yourself. It’s okay not to be okay right now. But then come back. We need everyone focused on the battles ahead.
We must turn our anger into action. Doing nothing is not acceptable. Gather yourselves and get ready. There are many who will count on us to make this right. We’re on the front line of creating change and we need to bring a lot more people with us! Organize. Mobilize. Donate. Volunteer. Vote. Share your story. Elect Pro-Choice Democratic Women. Elect ProChoice Black Women. Elect ProChoice Latina Women. Elect ProChoice Asian Women. Elect ProChoice Indigenous Women. Never stop believing that your actions matter and that everyone can make a difference!
Here are just a few actions we recommend:
- Donate to an organization working for reproductive justice and freedom. These are a few we recommend:
- Above All Else (their partner List is a great resource)
- Elect Women! Donate to an organization helping to elect ProChoice Womxn. Here are a few recommendations.
- If you’ve had an abortion – share your story
- with Planned Parenthood
- with ACLU
- Share your feelings on social media. Use and share these memes and gifs:
- Protest, rally, or attend an event. Many progressive organizations use Mobilize to share their events. You can find a local event here: Reproductive Rights Events & Rallies · Mobilize
- As always we encourage you to turn your passion for politics and reproductive freedom into a profession – look for a new job in the GAIN Power Career Center. These are just a few of the jobs that are focused on abortion rights.
We’re here to network, and help share opportunities, training, jobs, and other ways to impact our democracy, elections, and advocacy.
We appreciate our amazing community of talented political professional leaders who fight every day for progressive values and will be more motivated than ever to work for reproductive justice and freedom. We’ll have many more thoughts in the days to come but don’t want another day to go by without sharing a few and saying we’re in these fights for the long haul with you.
I am new to Gain Power & not quite sure how this works but I am willing to help out any way possible.
How are you willing to help out? Are you providing a job opportunity?
Sorry for the late response. It is hard to get this page to load sometimes. I am looking for job opportunities for myself. Paid or Volunteer.
Are you looking for work or volunteer opportunities?
I am open to both.
Comments are closed.