Reply To: Introduce yourself!

• Jessie Simmons

December 2, 2020 at 1:47 pm

Hello All, just wrapping up another legislative campaign here in Washington State. I have spent the last 6 years here running campaigns at every level from school board to Congress. I was in the Army for 8 years before that. I have had both successes and disappointments, but I have learned from both. A few races I am proud of are getting an ecologist elected to the Tumwater City Council with the most votes ever for a candidate in Tumwater, turning a -14 point legislative district into a 2 point swing district in 2018 and 2020, and getting a person of Middle Eastern descent elected to school board director in a +8 Trump district. While I am willing to take on campaigns in any district, and have consistently made tough districts competitive, my hope is to put my qualifications and experience to use in an official capacity. I have a Master of Professional Studies in Political Management from GWU and 6 years of professional experience in politics. I look forward to great connections and conversations. Happy to get to know everyone.