Jobs That Are Left (JTAL)
This is a group for people who are part of our jobs that are left google group. It is a place to post and... View more
Hiring: Digital Communication Specialist
Hiring: Digital Communication Specialist
Family Values @ Work and its partner, the Labor Project, have supported state coalitions to win paid sick and safe days and paid family and medical leave across the country, with many more wins on the horizon. These local and state wins are bringing new access to paid sick days and paid family leave to more than 50 million people and building national momentum for policies that value families at work.
Our network is driving state and national wins for paid sick and safe days, family and medical leave insurance and other care and caregiving policies that are inclusive of and affordable for all. It addresses the roots—not just the symptoms—of injustice.
We are aligned around shared movement-building principles that contribute to a strong and integrated movement for economic, racial, and gender justice. We have built the capacity, power, and relationships to advance and enforce policies, change culture and win campaigns on new issues that emerge from the communities that ground our network.
Our work is guided by our core values in anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-oppression, inclusion, equity, and leadership by those most affected.
The Digital Communications Specialist is a member of the communications team, reporting to the Digital Director, who, in partnership with their team, will:
- Apply best practices in social media listening, publication, and community management towards growth, influence, community advocacy, and activism.
- Create and publish relevant, compelling, original, and high-quality content (original text, images, video or HTML).
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns; syndication schedules.
- Develop and manage content libraries.
- Write and publish electronic communications (newsletters, emails, advocacy forms etc.) through CMS/CRM and keep websites up-to-date. Assist in implementing digital communications plans and strategies.
- Participate in ideation exercises and digital campaign planning.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and report on digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Measure campaign effectiveness and refine to improve performance.
- Assist in developing network brand awareness and management of online reputation.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Assist with multi-channel story collection to strengthen advocacy narrative.
- Build meaningful connections (online and offline) and encourage community members to take action.
- Coordinate and occasionally host live-streamed events (video, audio, Tweetstorms etc.)
- Engage in skills sharing and mentoring exercises.
- Report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 2+ years of experience in digital campaign management
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of digital marketing technologies and strategies
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS, Salsa Engage, NationBuilder, Google Analytics and other technologies
- Proficiency in leading social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), and familiarity with emerging technologies (TikTok etc.)
- Audio-video content production, and live event broadcasting/streaming a plus
- Spanish or other language proficiency desirable
- Experience creating and managing impactful digital communications campaigns
- Fluency in tactics and best practices for digital communications
- Excellent communicator/collaborator and committed teams playerCommitment to the Family Values @ Work core values
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Psychology or related fields (beneficial but not required).
Salary Range: $60,000 – $72,000, plus benefits.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by March 15, 2021.
[email protected] seeks applicants that reflect the diversity of our broad network members. We are equal employment opportunity organizations that do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, age, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or parenting status.
Family Values @ Work is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage women, particularly candidates of color, LGBTQIA candidates and people with disabilities, to apply.
Sorry, there were no replies found.