Black Women in Progressive Politics
This group is a designated space for black women interested in or working in Democratic electoral... View more
This group is a designated space for black women interested in or working in Democratic electoral campaigns. This group is serve as a safe space for black women to connect, network, offer and receive advice, share jobs, support and advocate for one another.
Here are our community standards (REMEMBER ALWAYS THAT IMPACT IS GREATER THAN INTENT):
1. Please treat everyone with respect. This is a safe space. It is critical that we maintain a safe space for our members. Here, we build each other up, not tear each other down.
2. This is a private community and as such, the members have an expectation of privacy. Please keep content and discussions found here within the community.
3. Add trigger warnings/content warnings with content breaks for posts when necessary and oblige when asked. It is acceptable to ask a clarifying question, but nobody is required to justify their triggers to anyone else.
4. Silent posts are ok here. Silent posts are posts where individuals are welcome to discuss their experiences in which they walk through the world. If you don’t live this experience, then please do not comment. It is not your place to interject when others are talking about their experiences. Instead, try to internalize and learn from what is said.
5. If someone lets you know that you have said something that is harmful, or if you make a mistake or miscommunication, just own it and apologize. Never speak over someone who is directly impacted by an issue. Although you might not have intended to come across the way it was interpreted, remember that intention does not negate impact.
6. We feel necessary to ensure that we develop an inclusive, diverse and positive space is to make it clear that this space is LGBTQ friendly. Queer and Transgender black women should be invited and included here.
Are you sure you want to leave ?